What kinda writing are we looking for? We want work that elevates and amplifies underrepresented voices, work that shines a light somewhere we should be looking, but maybe aren’t, work that settles into our bones so we can carry it with us awhile. Send us your warm, your thoughtful, your unsettling, your funny & devastating, your necessary words. We can’t wait.
- DEADLINE: September 15, 2020
- PRIZE: $500 + publication
- Submissions should not exceed 4,000 words and must be previously unpublished
- We accept (and encourage) entries from all ages and countries
- One piece maximum per entry
- $14USD reading fee must accompany first entry, $10USD for additional entries.
- Finalists will be notified in October.
- Multiple entries are permissible, as long as they are accompanied by separate reading fees.
- Stand alone excerpts from larger works are welcome.
Since we are an entirely volunteer based non-profit, prize submission fees pay for our winners, our lovely judges, and all other associated costs with running a journal. However, if you cannot afford the entry fee please email us at email@example.com, no questions asked.